On October 28, 2016, the Community Mental Health Action Plan was launched in our city. The plan is the result of the joint work of United Way of the Alberta Capital Region, the City of Edmonton and more than 30 representatives from government and community organizations. It was developed through a collaborative process, informed by the experiences of health professionals, volunteers, families and people with lived experience of mental health problems and mental illnesses.
The Mental Health Action Plan highlights what can be done at the community level when we work together effectively and provide enhanced services for individuals and their families. These efforts promote positive mental health and the prevention of mental illness through early identification and intervention.
Community Mental Health Action Plan Steering Committee partners
- Alberta Health
- Alberta Health Services, Addiction and Mental Health
- Alberta Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region
- City of Edmonton
- Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations
- M.A.P.S. Alberta Capital Region
- United Way of the Alberta Capital Region